Thursday, June 6, 2013

Generation Beauty by IPSY

 MOTIVATED! Thats what i'm feeling....
   Im so thankful for being able to attend the Generation Beauty by IPSY event this past weekend! This was by far a motivation that my channel and blog needed.  I attended this event with the networking mindset.  If there was a day or days in which i needed to be outgoing this was it. I interacted with the vendors that were present.  I met and asked questions to bloggers that were veterans and newbies alike.  I went to grow my inspiration.  It was a busy weekend for me to say the least.  I had my first running clinic for the Nike Women's Half Marathon the Sunday if the event.  That however, did not stop me.  I was there all day on Saturday and attended as many workshops as I could.  Yes, I wanted to meet the other beauty bloggers but taking a picture with them was second on my list. I wanted to chime in our their lessons learned, tips and tricks.  I wanted to know what, how, where, why.  I got that and so much more!

  One of the workshops I attended was that of Samantha Schuerman.  She was better in person than I had anticipated.  She was so sweet, and just real.  I know that watching someone on youtube or reading their blog is somewhat superficial. I mean we watch them apply eyeshadow, or make a dessert.  How much do we really know? They are just like you and me, normal people who want to make a how to for so many that depend on google for insight.  She is as real as she is on her daily vlogs with her family, The Schuerman Show. After the workshop, I was able to hang out with Sam for the rest of the day which was great!

  I was also able to connect with Rachel Talbott, Kandee Johnson, Liz from Whatwouldlizzydo, Judy from Itsjudytime, Charisma Star, Honey and so many up and coming bloggers!  Generation Beauty, was setup for us to really get to know the brands that were there.  The booths were different brands trying to gain more exposure through the eyes of beauty bloggers; Bare Minerals, Makeup Forever, Sexy Hair, Pixi, Pacifica, Temptu, Proactive, WEN, Sheercover, BH Cosmetics, Smashbox Cosmetics, Nicole by OPI.  The different brands gave demonstrations on their products, they had their Public Relations people there to get to know us as well.  After all, an interview doesn't always have to be behind a desk.

   Michelle Phan, was calm and collected as she dealt with logistic issues, workshops and took pictures with those who asked. I would love to work with her.  I think she has the vision and now the resources to make a great deal of information come to life.  I also had the chance to meet her and pitch my ideas to her.  I was very happy with the overall experience and look forward to attending next year! Generation Beauty by IPSY, is currently offering a pioneer discount code, if you purchase early bird tickets for next year.  The event will take place on May 17- May 18 2014 here in Los Angeles, California.  Will you be there?


This is a testimony of how much added pounds directly affects our skin. She is only a few years younger than me, yet she looks alomst a decade younger! Not for long ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment