Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Essentials for blogger conference!

    Like the first day of school, we all get anxious.  What will I need? What will they offer me? I was fortunate enough to win tickets to the Lifestyle Blogger National Conference 2015 in Los Angeles this past weekend.  I knew that in 2015, I wanted to revitalize my blog.  Attending a conference would not only inspire me but help me learn. I can honestly say I was not prepared to go, but since I won the tickets it was on!  I began by ordering business cards through Vista Print.  I am a baby in terms of blogging, but I wanted to be prepared to network.  After all networking is the second biggest reason to attend any conference.  I was so happy to receive as promised and placed them in another pouch, since I didn't want them to get lost in my large tote.  Next I remembered I saw a video from Jennifer Ross, where she talked about her experience at a blogger's conference in January.

    I knew I was set in terms of taking my Whipping Post Tote, that i received for my birthday. It is an open tote, making sure that nothing falls out is key.  So, I began to gather my essentials.  I knew that I had to take my pencil pouch from my school bag.  I was debating on whether to take my tablet or laptop, but decided to take neither.  I figured with my notebook, I would be able to write down key points.  What I did need, was to make sure that I took a portable charger.  After all, I didn't want to miss out on taking pictures and I still wanted to keep my social media posts up to the minute! I also took a personal pouch, which held items like lipstick, advil, feminine wipes, and translucent powder.  I also took my smaller calendar to quickly jot down goals for my blog.  You never know when a bright idea comes through the brain waves. 

   I can honestly tell you I felt the part, I looked the part but most I was comfortable all day.  I drove over 2 hours to be at this conference and commuted both days.  I knew that I needed essentials to get me through.  What I didn't expect was to form relationships because of my essentials.  I sat at a table with some fabulous ladies.  During the conference we were encouraged to post on social media sites and my neighbor was running low on battery.  I pulled out my pouch and plugged her in to my portable charger.  She was so appreciative of that.  I think that as a woman, its important to be prepared but also share the wealth.  

Are you prepared for your next conference?
 
All Images property of SimplayAna02

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Gotta prep my essentials for my next blogger conference and I'll make sure I take everything mentioned here. I loved your tote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amiga! Have fun networking and learning. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete